July Unwrapped: Wooden Whimsy Part 1
2 yards of cord
100 wooden beads
1. String 14 beads onto the center of the cord.
2. Take the right end and cross it through the far left bead, creating loops.
3. Pull both ends at the same time to tighten any slack.
4. String 3 beads onto each side. These beads act as spacers.
5. String 10 beads onto the right side, keeping them separate from the spacer beads.
6. Loop the end of the right cord through the 1st of the 10 beadss
7. Pull both ends to tighten any slack.
8. Repeat the loop on the left side and tighten.
9. Add 3 spacer beads to the left and right sides of the necklace.
10. String 6 beads on the right side, keeping them separate from the spacer beads.
11. Loop the end of the right cord through the 1st of the 6 beads.
12. Repeat loop on the left side and tighten.
13. Add 3 spacer beads on each side. Tie a double knot to hold the beads in place.
14. To create an adjustable knot, tie the left cord to the base of the right. Repeat on the other side.
15. Do you love it?! We do!
So tell us, would you want to buy the materials above so that you can make your own wooden whimsy necklace?
(Note: you are not committing to buying anything by clicking the button, just showing us your interest!)
Here is the template we used for the above necklace:
Here are other possible templates to consider for your wooden necklace:
Don’t forget to check out the DIY wooden earrings over here!