January Kit: Earwarmers Unwrapped
Its officially winter and you know what that means…MORE COLD WEATHER! Earwarmers and gloves are two essential accessories during winter. So why spend money on these accessories when you can be a Craftista and make them yourself!
You’ll notice that this month’s kit has a little bit of an emerald flare. Why? If you haven’t heard, emerald is the 2013 Pantone Color of the Year. Keep your eyes peeled for this striking color, because it’s about to be everywhere!
Let’s get started with the tutorial!
2. 8 x 24 fleece
3. 12 x 12 fleece
5. Needle & embroidery thread
6. Knit Gloves
1. Using the paper template, measure the earwarmer to your head. Leave enough room between the closure, about 1-2 “. The fleece will stretch.
4. Sew button using needle and embroidery thread.
5. Then on the other side of the earwarmer, cut slit in the fleece that is just about the width of the button.
5. This is what it will look like once buttoned.
6. Now you are ready to add embellishments!
Click on a photo for the tutorial!